WHAT PRESIDENT JONATHAN SAID AT WINNERS' CHAPEL YESTERDAY

“Once again, with a big clap offering, welcome Mr. President …I’d like this congregation in this third service to join me and receive to the altar, for a word of greeting and blessing from the father of the nation to this great
congregation. Please join me to welcome Mr. President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Mr. President, you are welcome.”



With these words, the President and founder of the Living Faith church worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel, Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo invited the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to the pulpit to address the congregation during the 3rd service at the church’s headquarters, Ota, Ogun State.


THE PRESIDENT’S 6-MINUTE SPEECH
“Thank you my brethren, please be seated. My bishop, thank you so much; and our Mummy Mama Faith Oyedepo, thank you so much. I thank other clergymen and women that are here with us. My brethren, first, let me say that I have wanted to join you in one of your special programmes; but it has not been possible because of the circumstances of my office. Today, I’m quite happy that something brought us to Lagos since yesterday, to leave tonight, and I said, at least, I must be with you today.

First, I’m using this platform to thank all of you, and indeed the Nigerian Christians for your persistent prayers for the nation. Everybody knows what we are passing through as a nation. We try to imbibe cultures that are alien to Nigeria, we imitate others, especially when it has to be something that is negative, and we start facing some challenges. We are passing through challenges of insecurity. It would have been worse than what we are seeing today if you have not been praying. With your prayers and the commitment of government, we will surely overcome.

Let me quickly thank our leader, father and bishop, for his commitment to the work of God and his commitment in bringing up the young ones. This is one church that has established 2 universities. It is not easy. Education is the key; maybe because of my own background; I came from a very humble background, and if I didn’t go to school, I wouldn’t have been here with you today. So my emphasis is that for you to liberate a people, you must give them opportunities and platforms for them to be educated. And this church is doing wonderfully well in that direction.

I have to commend you and thank you. I use this opportunity to plead with you to continue to do what you have been doing by praying for the nation, and for a successful election that is coming up next month.

A number of people are predicting quite a number of things, but I know that God Almighty has control over it. God will make sure that we conduct our elections peacefully and this country will continue to move to the direction we want. My brothers and sisters, I appreciate what you have been doing. I don’t want to say much so they won’t say I came here to campaign. But I sincerely appreciate the good work you have been doing. As a nation, we will continue to grow from strength to strength. Thank you all.”






1 comment:

Theme images by cmisje. Powered by Blogger.